Who We Are
ACT-Geo has expertise in:
- Subsurface Data Interpretation, Correlation, Integration and Mapping
- Sequence Stratigraphy
- Shallow Water Depositional Environments
- Deep Water Depositional Environments
- Play and Prospect Identification & Mapping
- Core Description & Integration
- Input Parameters for Reservoir Modeling
- Production Development Strategies
Vitor Abreu has 28 years of experience in the oil industry in petroleum exploration, development production and research, with a proven record in evaluating, risking and/or drilling in 22 countries and 31 sedimentary basins in the 6 continents.
Vitor has been an Adjunct Professor at Rice University since 1999, where he took responsibility for the course on Sequence Stratigraphy after Peter Vail’s retirement. He was the recipient of the Jules Braunstein Memorial Award (best poster presentation, 2002 AAPG Annual Meeting) and was appointed AAPG’s inaugural international Distinguished Instructor in 2006. As a past President-Elect of SEPM Vitor organized and chaired technical sessions at annual meetings for both AAPG and SEPM.